CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Tickers

On the left of my blog there are 2 new tickers. They are there to motivate me to reach my goals.

The top one is weight loss. I am starting with loosing 22lbs. This gets me down to my pre-pre pregnancy weight. I have 12 pounds to go to get to where I was before I had Eli. The extra 10 will get me to a much healthier weight and where I was when we got married, before my miscarriage. I have been procrastinating long enough. It was time to take action. I have used the excuse that I am a nursing mother for 10 months now. Well the weight isn't coming off anymore. Yes, I need to eat extra calories to make milk to sustain the life of my amazing little guy. But apparently I don't need to eat as much as I have been. So today I took a big step in signing myself up for Weight Watchers. I chose weight watchers because it is the only plan that I could find that has something tailored specifically for a nursing mom. They know how much extra you need to add to your diet to keep up your milk production and stay healthy for both you and your baby. Tomorrow morning I will be doing my initial weigh in. Then I will be weighing in every Monday morning. I have told myself that I am not going to officially start until Monday. This holiday weekend would be killer on my diet.

Ticker number 2 is Traveled Miles. I have started walking and will soon move on to a combinations of walking and jogging. I have no specific goal of how many miles I want to cover and in how much time. The only thing is that I want to keep going. I picked 50 miles as a starting point because it seemed manageable. My plan is to track the miles I cover in 2011.

With the 2 tools I hope to meet my goal weight and run a 5K at the end of summer. Encouragement is always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment