CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

BSBC Night 1

Last night was night number 1 of Eli's BSBC. It was a rough one but saw progress even throughout the night. Going to bed is always easy for Eli. He hasn't fought it in a couple of months but staying asleep is hard for him. I went into last night telling myself I would only pick him up and nurse him ever 4 hours. He went down at 8pm like usual and awoke screaming at 11:10. For the next 50 minutes I went in over and over at predetermined timed intervals to tell him he was ok. He continued to scream but I knew he was fine. He had a dry diaper and wasn't hungry. He is just so used to having mommy pick him up and cuddle or nurse him every time he cries. At midnight when he hit the 4 hour mark I went in picked him up and nursed him. Laying him back down drowsy but awake and off to bed we all went. He then mad it until 3:45am! I then let him fuss until 4am which was his next feeding time. He didn't scream at all at this point. He was obviously unhappy but just fussing and whining. At 4am I fed him again and put him down. He awoke at 6:45 and at 7 he got to get up and eat. The reason this was not at a 4 hour interval was because he was getting up for the day.

We are already partway in to night 2 (and I should be sleeping). It is going better than last night and I can't wait to update you all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment