CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 6, 2011

Loving Spring

It is finally feeling like spring is arriving after taking it's sweet time to get here. After living in Northern Minnesota all of my life I know that some years spring doesn't arrive until at least mid May. It seems as though this is one of those years. Today is May 6, 2011 and it was beautiful out. We spent our morning at home enjoying some play time. After morning nap we headed off to meet a friend and her son who is 4 months older than Eli. We had a wonderful 45 minute walk on a trail through the woods. This is another plus of living in Northern Minnesota. There is a trail in the woods pretty much in the middle of town. After spending some great time in the woods and sun we headed home for Eli to take his afternoon nap. Then it was off to my in-laws house. They live on a gorgeous lake and I headed out in the kayak. The water was smooth as glass and so beautiful. Eli put his feet in the lake for the first time. the water is still cold since the ice just went out a week ago but he is now obsessed with the lake. I love that I have a water baby and Dan loves it even more. Dan got off work and we headed into town for his softball practice. It was such a nice evening that Eli and I enjoyed the sun and company of some friends (other guys' girlfriends and wives) while the guys had batting practice. Eli fell asleep on the way home so we left him in the car in the driveway with the windows down and got some work done in the yard. Dan raked and played with Nala while I weeded the front garden. After this we came in and had a normal night. I had to share our day step by step because we FINALLY got to spend an entire day outside in the wonderful spring sunshine. Here a few photos of my adorable little boy while we were watching Dan at batting practice.






Watching Daddy play softball.






No comments:

Post a Comment